Job Title: IT Assistant
Responsible to: IT Manager
Based at: Ringwood, Hampshire
Salary: £17 -18,500 + benefits + all the other great stuff Camps has to offer
Applications Close 18 August 2017
In a nutshell, we provide amazing opportunities for school and gap year students through our volunteer programs in both Africa and Asia that incorporate much needed community development and wildlife conservation projects.
Our business not only allows us to provide often life changing*experiences to our students (*their words, not ours!), but the positive impact we make on the communities and environment means the more successful we are, the greater the positive impact on the area we operate in. Our guys tell us this makes for a much happier Monday morning feeling!!
It’s not just those who work here that think we make a difference – we are the proud winners of the ‘Best Volunteer Organisation’ category at the 2008 Responsible Tourism Awards. Great. Check out more of what we do at http://www.youtube.com/campsinternational
What are we looking for?
Essentially, this role will be to support the IT needs of our teams all around the world and help enable them to make the most of the systems that they use to complete their day to day jobs. You will also have the opportunity to be involved in a wide spectrum of other developments such as Management Information, Database and Web.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody looking to progress to a new level and learn new skills. Initiative and problem solving is an important part of the role and are key attributes that we are looking for in a candidate.
It’s an office-based role (our offices are great with a nice relaxed feel and full of great people).
So, the role… what does it involve?
The role is perfect for somebody looking to start a career in IT or for somebody looking for an IT role with a wider exposure of skills. Your responsibilities and exposure will be far reaching and will include exposure to Management Information creation, IT troubleshooting, Filemaker Database development and maintenance, server user creation and support, web development, domain management, email account setup and support and computer setup.
The role is perfect for great team players who can multitask (and enjoy it!), and have exceptional organisation skills and enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines. You must have good communication skills and be able to engage with a wider team.
We’re a team here at Camps so you’ll also need to ‘muck in’ as and when needed to support other teams when needed – and why? because they will for you! It’s that kinda place. For more insight into what the role looks like for some of our team, check out: http://www.youtube.com/user/campsinternational
What we are looking for
- Commitment to operate with passion, drive and integrity – these are our company values and the basis on which all Camps staff conduct themselves
- Exceptional telephone manner and great e-mail communication skills
- A good level of English, spelling and grammar
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of both PC and Macintosh operating systems
- Some knowledge of programing and databases (PHP and Filemaker preferably)
- Good planning and problem solving skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Self Driven and Focused with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Teamwork – we didn’t just add this in as a nice to have – at Camps we value our team culture more than the great coffee machine we have in the office!
What you’ll be doing
- First point of contact for resolving day to day IT issues
- Installing and maintaining workstations, laptops, servers and Ipads
- Software Installation
- Maintaining Exchange Email accounts and Office 365
- Becoming and expert user of our custom built CRM system
- Maintaining system backups
- Liaising with departments to guide them on system usage and helping them implement IT solutions to aid there roles
- Manage and solve problems
- Assisting in developments of the CRM system and also our Online Web Integration
The other great stuff:
- Based in the leafy market town of Ringwood. Close to gym, supermarket, major motorways and lovely country garden pubs for those summer evenings!
- Free Parking and showers for those who like a bit of exercise before or after work
- Opportunities for international travel for those performing over and above task
- BUPA private healthcare cover
- Outdoor kit and clothing discounts
- Casual dress code – no three piece suits here!
9am – 5.30pm
Please email CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org