Job Title: Operational Support
Job Location: Camps International HQ in Ringwood, Hampshire
Job Start Date: ASAP
Hours: Generally, Monday – Friday 09.00 – 17.30. Some evening and weekend work required throughout the season.
Salary: £16-£17K per annum (based on experience)
We do great stuff! In a nutshell, we provide amazing opportunities for schools, gap year students and independent travelers through our volunteer programmes in Africa, Asia and South America America. Our business not only allows us to provide often life-changing experiences to our volunteers, but the positive impact we make on the communities and environment means the more successful we are, the greater the positive impact on the area we operate in. Our guys tell us this makes for a much happier Monday morning feeling!
We’re a team here at Camps so you’ll also need to ‘muck in’ as and when needed to support other teams.
The role is perfect for a great team player who can multitask (and enjoy it!), with exceptional organisation skills and enjoys working under pressure to meet deadlines. The role is designed to ensure that all our clients receive exceptional post-booking support and that our overseas teams have all the information and support they need to deliver our life changing expeditions.
- Provide support to clients throughout their journey from booking to departure
- Ensure all information is updated, accurate and provided to clients as required
- Manage data collection from clients and updating the database
- Ensure client information is present and correct, with relevant follow up completed
- Confirming bookings and payments received
- Answering phone and email queries
- General admin support
- Chase payments and send reminders
- Replying to clients on social media
- Help provide support and advice to students who are fundraising
- Help clients to stay engaged and motivated about their expedition
- Ensure all client information is collated, accurate and issued to those who need it
We are also looking for:
- Commitment to operate with passion, drive and integrity – these are our company values and the basis on which all Camps staff conduct themselves
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Effective time management
- Self Driven and Focused with the ability to work with limited supervision
- Exceptional telephone manner and great e-mail communication skills
- Excellent multi-tasking and organisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience of office administration
- Good planning and problem solving skills
- Computer proficient (we work on Macs!) and Microsoft Office proficient
- Dedicated, adaptable, positive outlook
- Ability to work well as part of the team
- Full driving license is essential
The other great stuff:
- Based in the leafy market town of Ringwood. Close to gym, supermarket, major motorways and lovely country garden pubs for those summer evenings!
- Free Parking
- Opportunities for international travel for those performing over and above task
- BUPA private healthcare cover
- Outdoor kit and clothing discounts
- Casual dress code – no three piece suits here!
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a valued member of the Camps International team, please contact Rachael at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief summary about why you think you’d be ideal for the role.