Job Title: Regional Expedition Coordinator
Job Location: Field based from Sydney covering New South Wales and Queensland
Job Start Date: May 2017- Recruitment day Monday 24th April
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday, to include some early mornings and evenings
Salary: $60k – $80k OTE (this includes bonus)
- Uncapped Bonus
- Laptop and mobile phone
- Opportunities for international travel
- Casual dress code
Camps International is seeking enthusiastic and skilled Expedition Coordinators with field sales skills to join our unique and ethical expedition company. This varied and exciting role will involve new and repeat business development in secondary schools within your region and the surrounding areas.
Camps International – we do great stuff!
In a nutshell, we provide amazing opportunities for school and gap year students through our volunteer programs in Africa, Asia and South America.
Our business not only allows us to provide often life-changing *experiences to our students (*their words, not ours!), but the positive impact we make on the communities and environment means the more successful we are, the greater the positive impact on the area we operate in. Our guys tell us this makes for a much happier Monday morning feeling!
So – what does the role look like?
It’s a varied role where you will be required to pick up the phone and book new appointments with schools and conduct a number of sales presentations with teachers, students and their parents, whilst working to an individual and team target. Make no mistake, this role may require lengthy drives to various parts of the country and can mean occasionally staying away from home, but this is a rare, ethical, sales role!
We’re a team here at Camps so you’ll also need to ‘muck in’ as and when needed to support other teams– and why, because they will for you! It’s that kind of place.
We are looking for a real “people-person”, with a passion for travel and who is also target-driven with excellent sales skills. You will need to embrace the Camps ethos and working culture to successfully offer our expedition experiences to new schools whilst delivering an excellent standard of support to those already travelling with us.
We are also looking for individuals who tick the following boxes:
- Commitment to operate with passion, drive and integrity – these are our company values and the basis on which all Camps staff conduct themselves
- Proven sales experience – ideally in the travel sector/ field sales, or face to face sales experience ideal
- Travel industry experience or a passion for travel
- Results orientation
- Excellent presentation skills, with the self-confidence and passion to present in assemblies and parents presentations.
- Self driven with the capacity to work with limited supervision
- Superb communication skills – telephone manner, written proposals and presentation skills
- Capacity to adjust your style according to your audience
- Excellent negotiation and liaison skills
- Computer proficient (we work on Macs!) and Microsoft Office proficient
- Full driving license essential
- Teamwork – we didn’t just add this in as a nice to have – at Camps we really do value our team culture and ethos
Camps International values passion, drive and integrity – do you?
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a valued member of our sales team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject Heading: Expedition Coordinator Application
- Your CV
- Photograph of you
- 2 reasons why you are the perfect candidate for this role
- Where you are located and whether you would be prepared to relocate and if so, where to
We look forward to hearing from you!*
*Due to the high volume of applicants we receive for these roles, unfortunately we are unable to reply to all candidates. If your CV is successful, we will contact you within 28 days of your application. If you don’t hear from us… we thank you for your application and please do keep an eye on our website for future updates and vacancies.