In November, 30 truly inspiring healthcare professionals took 2-weeks out of their busy schedules to come and join us in Kenya and do something amazing.
Established 5 years ago, the Healthcare Outreach programme has already impacted greatly on the lives of rural Kenyans and this year was no exception. Throughout the 14 days we ran 6 pop up health clinics in villages situated within the Tsavo region of Kenya.
This year we also had some valuable additions to the programme which included dental health and physiotherapy.
The hard work and dedication of our incredible healthcare volunteers delivered some seriously impressive results:
- 4567 members of the community attended the clinics – all were treated against worms and 1437 people were consulted and treated for various illnesses and ailments
- 2470 school children were skin screened and attended educational workshops on health, hygiene and dental health
- 141 tooth extractions were performed
- 196 Eye patients were treated and 14 people were referred for refraction tests at Kwale Eye Centre
- 10 people were referred for cataract surgery (sponsored by the nurses)
- 68 patients were seen by a physiotherapist and given exercise plans and guidance to remedy a number of complaints
A huge thank you to the amazing healthcare team who travelled with us this year! Together we are doing amazing things and we are truly grateful for your continued support.
Our 2016 Healthcare Outreach trip will be running between 07 Nov-20 Nov. Please drop us a line if you would like to know more.