Job Title: Regional Expedition Coordinator
Job Location: The role is based predominantly from Melbourne but there is a degree of flexibility to this. The applicant will work primarily from our office but also from home and on the road in VIC and beyond.
Hours: Full time, Monday to Friday, to include some early mornings and evenings
Salary: Base salary of approx $60-70k pa depending on experience (ex superannuation), increasing up to circa $85k with sales commission & car allowance.
Camps International – we do great stuff!
In a nutshell, we provide amazing opportunities for students through our volunteer programs in Africa, Asia and South America. Our business not only allows us to provide often life-changing *experiences to our students (*their words, not ours!), but the positive impact we make on the communities and environment means the more successful we are, the greater the positive impact on the area we operate in.
This role is challenging and rewarding with benefits listed below including international travel to our destination countries. The ideal candidate will have a passion for travel, young people and sales.
Overall Objective: To secure expedition sales with schools across Australia. These sales are for 2-3 week expeditions to our camps in Asia, Africa and South America. Although a well-established company in UK, our Australian operation is relatively new, so this is an opportunity for an energetic and passionate individual to be part of the rapid growth and development of an exciting and ethical company in Australia.
So – what does the role look like?
It’s a varied role where you will be required to pick up the phone and book new appointments with schools and conduct a number of sales presentations with teachers, students and their parents, whilst working to an individual and team target. Make no mistake, this role may require lengthy drives to various parts of the country and can mean occasionally staying away from home, but this is a rare, ethical, sales role! We’re a team here at Camps so you’ll also need to ‘muck in’ as and when needed to support other teams– and why, because they will for you! It’s that kind of place.
- Establishing contact with schools and relevant teachers within an allocated database
- Arranging teacher meetings with a view to securing sales presentations in schools
- Arranging and running presentation events inc. student launches in assembly slots, evening parent presentations, running fundraising meetings & client management prior to their departure
- Ensuring accurate notes outlining personal contact and meetings are continuously up-to-date
- Liaising directly with the main school contact to ensure post sales aftercare
- Preparing and planning in advance for documentation as required by staff
- Representing the company at various specialised conferences and exhibitions
- Assisting with operational management when necessary
We are looking for a real “people-person”, with a passion for travel and who is also target-driven with excellent sales skills. You will need to embrace the Camps ethos and working culture to successfully offer our expedition experiences to new schools whilst delivering an excellent standard of support to those already travelling with us. We are also looking for individuals who tick the following boxes:
- Commitment to operate with passion, drive and integrity – these are our company values and the basis on which all Camps staff conduct themselves
- Proven sales experience – ideally in the travel sector/ field sales, or face to face sales experience
- Travel industry experience or a passion for travel or helping young people reach their full potential
- Results orientation
- Excellent presentation skills, with the self-confidence and passion to present in assemblies and parent presentations
- Self driven with the capacity to work with limited supervision
- Superb communication skills – telephone manner, written proposals and presentation skills
- Capacity to adjust your style according to your audience
- Excellent negotiation and liaison skills
- Computer savvy and Microsoft Office proficient
- Full driving license essential
- Teamwork – we didn’t just add this in as a nice to have – at Camps we really do value our team culture and ethos
Overview of Benefits:
- 20 days holiday
- Minimum of one annual international trip within company group locations
If you think you’ve got what it takes to be a valued member of our sales team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following:
- Your CV – condensed, relevant and interesting please!
- Photograph or video of you doing something fun
- 2 reasons why you are the perfect candidate for this role
- Outline a life changing experience from travel or working with, or as, a young person
- Where you are located and confirmation that you are legally allowed to work in Australia indefinitely