The exotic and multicultural island of Borneo is a gem of southeast Asia, offering travellers of all ages an unforgettable and authentic experience well away from the usual tourist spots. From ancient rainforests to idyllic tropical islands, Borneo has so much natural beauty and diversity that it will leave you in awe.
Whether you see yourself as an intrepid adventurer or prefer the idea of working on a peaceful tropical island, our trips offer you everything you could wish for. Borneo’s tropical rainforests are one of the oldest in the world and are home to one of the last remaining populations of orangutans. In contrast, just off the coast of Borneo lies Mantanani island, a picture perfect location with white sand beaches surrounded by warm blue waters. No wonder it’s one of our most popular locations!
Our trips offer you the unique chance to live and work as part of the community, helping local people improve their living standards in a sustainable way and supporting various conservation efforts to safeguard the future of some of the world’s rarest and most impressive wildlife.
And if that isn’t enough to keep you busy, you can add an adventure activity to your trip. Always wanted to explore the jungle? Fancy learning to scuba dive? Or maybe trek one of Asia’s tallest mountains? Well now’s your chance.
- Duration: 2 weeks - Experience true island living on this 2 week programme as you become immersed in the rich culture and stunning natural landscapes on ..read more.View
- Duration: 2 weeks - On this 2 week programme you’ll have the chance to live and work alongside a rural Bornean community in the spectacular Sabah ..read more.View
- Duration: 2 months - Can’t choose between Borneo and Cambodia? You don’t have to. Experience both of these gems of Southeast Asia on our two month ..read more.View
- Duration: 1 month - Experience true island living on this 1 month programme as you become immersed in the rich culture and stunning natural landscapes of ..read more.View
- Duration: 1 month - The incredible Bornean jungle is the perfect setting for a true back-to-nature experience. On this 1 month programme you’ll have the chance ..read more.View
- Duration: 2 months - This 2 month programme is the ultimate Borneo experience. From the tropical island of Mantanani to the deep Bornean jungle, you will ..read more.View